How long does the color last?Updated 3 months ago
XMONDO Color is semi permanent and does fade with washing. Results will vary between people based on a number of factors such as:
- Starting hair level: bleached hair retains color longer than unprocessed hair
- Hair porosity: extremely porous hair may require additional color applications
- The shampoo you use: make sure to use a sulfate & paraben free, color saving shampoo and conditioner like Polychrome Color Extending Shampoo and Conditioner
- How often you shampoo: shampooing is the leading cause of color fading, try to extend the time between washes by using dry shampoo
- Air dry versus blow dry: blow drying your hair after washing will help seal in color molecules
- Sun/water exposure: the sun and water fade color so try to limit exposure
- Type of styling products you use: try to avoid high alcohol content products that can cause color fading, such as hairsprays and quick dry products
- Styling with high temperatures (irons): extremely high heat can cause color fading. Try to keep the heat at a lower temperature and always use a heat protectant
Another big factor is the starting health of your hair prior to coloring with XMONDO. The more dry or damaged your hair is the more the color will take because of the cuticle being more open than healthy hair.
Due to the several factors listed above we cannot give you a specific time frame on how long your color will last.
Was this article helpful?